Essential Functions* of the position are detailed below and include any physical requirements checked below:
1. Responsible for receiving and responding to non-emergency 311 requests for services for the Mobile Outreach Program;
2. Processes and evaluates the information received, prioritizes calls, and dispatches field teams;
3. Maintains status and locations of outreach workers and communicates with city shelters to coordinate pick-up and drop-off of homeless individuals and families;
4. Works collaboratively with other program staff, shelters, and external partners to provide shelter or housing services for clients;
5. Informs his/her supervisory chain, of any complex issues for proper and timely follow-up;
6. Responsible for completing all required documentation in accordance with agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies;
7. Responsible for maintaining up-to-date and accurate departmental files and databases, as required by agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies;
8. Knows and complies with the laws and regulations relevant to the position and services;
9. May assist the Mobile Outreach Manager and Mobile Outreach Assistant Manager with the training and on-boarding of new dispatchers;
10. Must maintain a flexible schedule to work evenings, weekends, holidays and/or fill in for Mobile Outreach Workers, as needed.
PLEASE NOTE:*Essential functions include all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
X Kneel and move from sitting, bending, kneeling or standing multiple times a day.
X Push and pull objects up to 25 pounds.
X Climb up and down up to 5 flights of stairs at a time.
X Lift up to 25 pounds.
Other Requirements: Comply with program and/or Agency requirements related to :
X Background check, including any program specific requirements
Driver's License and reliable transportation
Agency-specified automobile insurance
Immediate Supervisor : Mobile Outreach Coordinator
Directly Supervises : N/A
Indirectly Supervises: N/A
Education and Experience Requirements:
Preferred: Associate's Degree in Social Sciences
Minimum: High School
Preferred: 3+ years of experience with working with the homeless population and 3+ years of call center experience
Minimum: 1-2 years of experience with working with the homeless population and 1-2 years of call center experience
Job ID: 249060754