As ACS Security is an essential business that protects people and property, we must continue to hire to protect our customers. Join a team that is growing with immediate starts available!
ACS Security has become Los Angeles's largest residential security company with a longstanding track record of success. We are seeking driven, responsible full-time Central Station Operators to support a growing security demand in areas of West Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley. Excellent earning and advancement opportunities are available for successful individuals.
As emergency signals are sent to the central station monitoring center, the central station operators respond to the alarm activity, review the nature of the emergency, and resolve technical customer-related issues for our clients. The operators answer customer calls and follow up regarding customer needs with a responsibility to:
- Resolve issues for clients via phone, in person, or electronically
- Track customer issues and resolutions. Provide technical assistance for alarm company clients
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Respond to all incoming phone calls and answer questions
- Work with distressed clients calmly and professionally, working quickly and accurately
- Verify and respond to calls to dispatch or emergency signals to police/fire agencies
- Identify the different types of signals and follow the SOPS’s for each signal
- Notify customers and authorities when an alarm signal is received
- Notify customers of non-emergency signals
- Notify responders on emergency signals after dispatch
- Process basic data changes to customer accounts
- Troubleshoot systems problems with customers to restore operation to the customer’s satisfaction
- Attend employee meetings and training sessions
- Follow all department and company policies
- Monitor accounts for all open/close signals and calls if not armed/disarmed at specified times
- Understand VIP accounts
- Maintain confidential information related to customers
- Work collaboratively as a team with co-workers and management and follow management’s direction
- Excellent phone etiquette, and customer service skills
- Proficiency with computers, phones, fax machines, office equipment, and the internet
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite
- Typing 40 wpm
- Ability to meet all quality and productivity standards
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a highly organized manner and be detail-oriented.
- Must be proficient in reading and writing in English.
- Must be able to adapt to a dynamic work environment with competing demands and have the ability to approach issues to identify resolutions that best fit the situation.
- Must be able to arrive at work in a punctual manner and work assigned shifts. Must be able to work weekends, holidays, various shifts, and overtime
- 6 months to 1-year of clerical experience working with customers on the phone.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Maintain an ACE License and participate in all state and company required training within company identified deadlines.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
Note: The physical demands/described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for long periods of time
- Occasional standing for short periods of time
- Perform repetitive motion type tasks regularly using hands including using a mouse and keyboard
- Occasionally lift, carry and/or move items weighing up to ten (10) pounds
- Hear sounds at normal speaking levels, particularly on the phone
- Speak including expressing and exchanging information, in particular on the phone
- Perform duties such as reading and preparing written documents, and viewing information on a computer terminal, using close visual acuity
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package will be competitive to the market and with a competitive base salary and exceptional benefits.
At ACS Security, our employees and their welfare are very important to us. As such, our collective goal is to create a productive working environment for employees while providing quality service to our customers and dealers. In addition to a positive and inclusive work culture, ACS provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage with significant company contributions
- Company 401k Plan
- Company-paid long and short-term disability and Life Insurance Plan, Life, and Disability
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Voluntary Accident, Hospital, and Critical Illness Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Advancement Opportunities
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- In-Office Food and Beverage Options
- Discounted Employee Pricing on ACS Products and Services
ACS Security provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.